Agecroft Cemetery and Crematorium
Agecroft Cemetery was opened in 1903, and to date more than 53,700 interments have been carried out within the 45 acres of grounds.
Agecroft is the newest of the city's cemeteries, being opened to accommodate additional new grave space due to the full utilisation of Weaste Cemetery.
The crematorium building was formerly the old Non-Conformist burial chapel. It was converted into the crematorium in January 1957. The chapel seats up to 80 mourners and is accessible for wheelchair users.
Toilets are positioned to the left of the main entrance into the cemetery and a number of water taps are located within the grounds for use by visitors.
There is a one way system in place for vehicles, visitors are requested to keep their speed to ten miles per hour for the safety of all cemetery users.
Since 2011, substantial improvements have been carried out to meet government standards on mercury emissions and improve facilities for visitors. This included:
- Installation of new cremators and mercury filtration plant
- One way system for entrance and exit to and from the chapel
- New memorial walkway to the floral tribute area
- New waiting area to the front of the chapel
- Extensive roofing repairs to existing chapel
- New state of the art music system
View our photo gallery below to see some of the improvements made to make it more welcoming and accessible for visitors. Some of the photos courtesy of Lorna Roberts Photography.
If you are unable to view documents of these types, our downloads page provides links to viewing software.
Who to contact
- Agecroft Cemetery and Crematorium
- Langley Road
Map to this location
- 0161 686 7290
- 0161 737 5538
This page was last updated on 14 May 2015