Apply for a nursery place online
Please read the following information before making an online application.
The step by step process for applying for a school place online is as follows:
- Please ensure you have read the relevant admission policy and the choosing a school booklet to ensure you meet the criteria for the schools you have chosen.
- Before you make your application you will need to register using a valid, working email address and choose a password.
- If you are applying for more than one child you will need to fill in a separate application for each child.
- If you change your mind after submitting your application you can login and change your choices at any point up until the closing date for the relevant year group. You must remember to resubmit your application.
- If any additional information is required in support of your application, eg medical form, then it is your responsibility to ensure it reaches us by the deadline date.
Currently, you can not apply online for an in-year application (moving schools during the school year). In-year application forms can be downloaded below and returned via emailed or printed and returned to the postal address below. These can also be collected in person from your local Gateway Centre.
Frequently asked questions
If you are having difficulties using the online application service, the answers to the following questions may be helpful.
What do I need to apply online?
You need access to a computer and an email account. The council offers free computer access at libraries. If you do not have an email address local library staff may be able to help you set up a free account.
Will my online application be secure?
Yes, there is a series of security features which will prevent anyone from seeing information they are not entitled to see.
I can't click on the link in my registration email.
Copy the address into your browser to complete the registration process.
Why can't I find the school I am looking for?
Check whether your postcode is still showing in the left hand box and that you have selected schools in the correct local authority area.
If I can't finish the application in one go, can I save it and go back later?
Yes, up to the closing date for applications.
Having submitted an online application, will I be able to change my preferences?
As with a paper application you can change your preferences right up to the closing date. You just need to log back into the site using the email address and password that you used when you registered. You must remember to resubmit your application once you have completed your changes.
How will I know that changes have been saved?
Every time you resubmit your online application you will receive an email confirming the status of your application.
I am concerned that technology sometimes fails, should I send a paper copy as well?
If you apply online you do not need to submit a paper application. The system notifies you of the status of your application by email.
What should I do if I have not received an email confirming that I have submitted my application?
When your application has been submitted you should receive a confirmation email. If one does not arrive in your inbox please check your 'trash' or 'junk' mail. Please note some free accounts (eg, Gmail, outlook.com) become inactive if you do not sign in for a period of time. After an account becomes inactive incoming messages will be sent back to the sender as undeliverable. If you still do not appear to have received an acknowledgement email you may have entered you email address incorrectly. Please contact the School Admissions team on 0161 909 6508 for help.
I can't remember my password. What should I do?
If you forget your password and wish to view of change your online application click on the 'forgotten password' link on the homepage. You will need to enter your email address and your mother's maiden name (asked for on the registration). Your password should be sent to you by email.
When will I get the result of my application?
Results will be sent by email on offer day. You will also be able to log in to the service on offer day to view your results.
Where can you find out more information on the application process?
The 'choosing a school' booklet contains information on the application process.
We aim to help parents get their child a place in the school of their choice. However, as many schools receive more applications than they have places, we need a process to decide which children get a place and which have to go to other schools. As a result we ask for you to choose a number of schools and put them in order of your choice.
- In-year application secondary 2014 to 2015 (Microsoft Word format, 287kb)
- In-year application primary 2014 to 2015 (Microsoft Word format, 233kb)
- Choosing a school booklet 2015 (Adobe PDF format, 1.7mb)
- Primary admissions booklet 2015 (Adobe PDF format, 2.9mb)
- Secondary admissions booklet 2015 (Adobe PDF format, 2.4mb)
If you are unable to view documents of these types, our downloads page provides links to viewing software.
Who to contact
- School Admissions Team
- Children's Services
Salford Civic Centre
Map to this location
- 0161 909 6508
This page was last updated on 29 August 2014