Care on Call
Salford Care on Call supports people who want to remain living in their own home. We're a mobile response service that will help you stay safe and independent and give your family peace of mind.
With Care on Call, there's no need to worry about being at home alone - if you have a fall, accident or any other medical emergency, help is available at the press of a button. We're here 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year and if you call for help, we'll respond immediately.
We can also provide an optional weekly visit to check on your wellbeing.
How does it work?
We'll provide you with a special alarm unit that works with your telephone which has a pendent that can be worn around your neck or wrist. Both of these have a button that you can press if you need help, and this connects you directly to our control centre where our trained operators will assess the situation and either send a warden to your home or offer advice and assistance. You don't have to lift the receiver or even be in the same room as the alarm unit.
All calls to the control centre are voice recorded and randomly monitored in order that we can ensure that the highest standards of service are maintained.
You just need a modern telephone socket and a standard electrical socket nearby.
Who can use Care on Call?
Care on Call is available to anybody who lives in Salford aged 18 or over, who has a medical condition or disability or who just needs some support to remain living independently. We have customers of all ages, including younger people with medical conditions. Many people also use Care on Call for a short time while recovering from an operation or injury.
How much does it cost?
There is a weekly charge which depends on the service package you choose. Call us on 0161 607 7133 for details.
What our customers say
"Care on Call has gives me peace of mind, knowing someone is there at the end of the phone."
"Due to my illness Care on Call is vital, it allows my partner to go out knowing I will be left safe."
"Care on Call is a first class service, it is crucial for me as I have no family and want to remain living independently. I enjoy my weekly visits and they always listen to my worries."
"We use Care on Call because there is someone there all the time if we need them. They treat us with respect and they are worth their weight in gold."
Mr and Mrs Bluer, Clifton
Want to know more?
Call 0161 607 7133 to have a chat with one of our friendly advisors or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Care on Call leaflet and application (Adobe PDF format, 287kb)
- Care on Call annual report/newsletter 2010 (Adobe PDF format, 2mb)
- Care on Call annual stakeholders survey 2010 (Adobe PDF format, 61kb)
- Care on Call annual report/newsletter 2008 (Adobe PDF format, 1.3mb)
- Care on Call annual report/newsletter 2011 (Adobe PDF format, 590kb)
- Care on Call annual report/newsletter 2012 (Microsoft Word format, 232kb)
- Care on Call annual stakeholders survey 2012 (Microsoft Word format, 142kb)
- Care on Call annual report/newsletter 2013 (Adobe PDF format, 333kb)
- Care on Call annual report/newsletter 2014 (Microsoft Word format, 126kb)
- Care on Call annual report/newsletter 2015 (Adobe PDF format, 310kb)
If you are unable to view documents of these types, our downloads page provides links to viewing software.
Who to contact
- Care on Call
- Humphrey Booth Resource Centre
16-18 Worsley Road
Map to this location
- 0161 607 7133
- 0161 607 7138
This page was last updated on 12 November 2015