Care on Call
Care on Call is a mobile warden service that provides support to people who wish to remain living independently in their own homes. We offer a unique service within the area, responding to emergency calls with trained and experienced staff.
The control centre is based at a central location in Salford which operates 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year. Our staff can provide assistance and alert emergency services, your doctor or a family member as appropriate. We offer two levels of service packages that are designed to meet your individual needs. The core package, available to all customers, is a 24-hour monitoring and emergency response which means that if you call for help we can immediately send wardens to help you, if needed. You can also receive a weekly personal visit from one of our wardens, which is available at a slightly higher charge.
A customer of Care on Call will be provided with:
- A special alarm unit which works with your own telephone, and
- A portable pendant which can be worn or kept close at hand
Both the alarm unit and the pendant have a button, which when pressed, will connect you directly to the Control Centre. You don't have to lift the receiver; you don't even have to be in the same room!
We can also help customers who are prone to having falls by providing fall detectors and bed sensors which can be activated automatically if a fall occurs.
Other products that work with the alarm unit are:
- smoke alarms
- gas detectors
- panic buttons
- heat detectors
- low temperature detectors
- door alerts
- Care on Call application pack (Adobe PDF format, 2.6mb)
- Care on Call annual report/newsletter 2010 (Adobe PDF format, 2mb)
- Care on Call annual stakeholders survey 2010 (Adobe PDF format, 61kb)
- Care on Call annual report/newsletter 2008 (Adobe PDF format, 1.3mb)
- Care on Call annual report/newsletter 2011 (Adobe PDF format, 590kb)
- Care on Call annual report/newsletter 2012 (Microsoft Word format, 232kb)
- Care on Call annual stakeholders survey 2012 (Microsoft Word format, 142kb)
- Care on Call annual report/newsletter 2013 (Adobe PDF format, 333kb)
If you are unable to view documents of these types, our downloads page provides links to viewing software.
Who to contact
- Care on Call
- Humphrey Booth Resource Centre
16-18 Worsley Road
Map to this location
- 0161 607 7133
- 0161 607 7138
This page was last updated on 22 November 2013