Salford's cemeteries and crematoria
Peel Green Crematorium upgrade
From 30 August 2014, extensive upgrade will be taking place to the crematorium equipment at Peel Green. This essential work will take place for approximately 70 days, due for completion in October 2014. This work will ensure that the crematorium continues to comply with all environmental legislation.
During the course of the works, the crematorium will remain open in full and will function as normal. However, in view of the extensive works being undertaken, there may be some disruption to service delivery, we aim to keep this to the minimum.
The chapel and book of remembrance room will remain open as usual, there will be temporary hoardings outside the main entrance to the chapel which will provide a safe working area for the contractors on site for the duration of these works.
For further information, please telephone 0161 686 7290 during office hours.
The city council is responsible for the management and maintenance of four cemeteries in the city - at Agecroft, Peel Green, Swinton and Weaste.
There are also two crematoria - at Agecroft and Peel Green cemeteries.
During the average year we undertake over 2,000 cremations and 600 burials.
Our prime aim is to provide a high quality and dignified burial and cremation service for bereaved families of all different religious and cultural backgrounds within the community of the city and surrounding areas.
We are meeting our current standards for timeliness and quality of customer service, customer journey details can be downloaded below.
Find out more about our cemeteries and crematoria:
- Agecroft Cemetery and Crematorium (also known as Northern Cemetery)
- Peel Green Cemetery and Crematorium (also known as Eccles Cemetery)
- Swinton Cemetery
- Weaste Cemetery
Or if you prefer, email Agecroft Cemetery or call us on 0161 686 7290.
Rules and regulations are currently being updated and will be added to the website in the near future. For any immediate queries or concerns, please contact Agecroft Cemetery.
- Bereavement Services service specification (Adobe PDF format, 534kb)
- Information and advice for grave owners (Adobe PDF format, 2.1mb)
- Funeral directors and ministers satisfaction with Bereavement Services (Adobe PDF format, 124kb)
- Satisfaction with burial service (Adobe PDF format, 135kb)
- Satisfaction with cremations (Adobe PDF format, 136kb)
- Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management certificate (Adobe PDF format, 125kb)
- Preliminary application for cremation (Adobe PDF format, 709kb)
- Confirmatory notice of interment (Adobe PDF format, 60kb)
- Bereavement Services Service Standards 2014 to 2015 (Adobe PDF format, 2.1mb)
If you are unable to view documents of these types, our downloads page provides links to viewing software.
Who to contact
- Bereavement Services
- Agecroft Cemetery
Map to this location
- 0161 686 7290
- 0161 737 5538
This page was last updated on 17 September 2014