Salford's cemeteries and crematoria
The city council is responsible for the management and maintenance of four cemeteries in the city - at Agecroft, Peel Green, Swinton and Weaste.
There are also two crematoria - at Agecroft and Peel Green cemeteries.
During the average year we undertake over 2,000 cremations and 600 burials.
Our prime aim is to provide a high quality and dignified burial and cremation service for bereaved families of all different religious and cultural backgrounds within the community of the city and surrounding areas.
We are meeting our current standards for timeliness and quality of customer service, customer journey details can be downloaded below.
Find out more about our cemeteries and crematoria:
- Agecroft Cemetery and Crematorium (also known as Northern Cemetery)
- Peel Green Cemetery and Crematorium (also known as Eccles Cemetery)
- Swinton Cemetery
- Weaste Cemetery
Or if you prefer, email Agecroft Cemetery or call us on 0161 686 7290.
Rules and regulations are currently being updated and will be added to the website in the near future. For any immediate queries or concerns, please contact Agecroft Cemetery.
- Bereavement Services service specification (Adobe PDF format, 534kb)
- Information and advice for grave owners (Adobe PDF format, 2.1mb)
- Funeral directors and ministers satisfaction with Bereavement Services (Adobe PDF format, 170kb)
- Satisfaction with burials (Adobe PDF format, 174kb)
- Satisfaction with cremations (Adobe PDF format, 170kb)
- Institute of Cemetery and Crematorium Management certificate (Adobe PDF format, 125kb)
- Preliminary application for cremation (Adobe PDF format, 709kb)
- Confirmatory notice of interment (Adobe PDF format, 60kb)
If you are unable to view documents of these types, our downloads page provides links to viewing software.
Who to contact
- Bereavement Services Head Office
- Agecroft Cemetery
Map to this location
- 0161 686 7290
- 0161 737 5538
This page was last updated on 16 May 2014