Complaints, comments or compliments about council services

If you wish to make a complaint, compliment or comment on any of our services, the quickest and easiest way to do so is online. Please see below for other ways to contact us.

At Salford City Council we aim to provide the services you need at the time when you need them. Although we are constantly striving for quality, occasionally we may fall short of the high standards you expect from us.

If you want to comment on any of the services provided, these pages explain what to do. Anyone who uses the city council's services - including children - can make a comment, compliment or complaint.

Please tell us:

  • if you feel you have been discriminated against or treated unfairly
  • if you feel staff have been rude or impolite
  • if you feel there has been unreasonable delay in providing a service
  • if you feel the quality of the service provided has been unsatisfactory

Can I get help?

You do not have to do this yourself; someone can do so on your behalf and be your representative or spokesperson. This person could be, for example, a relative, or friend, a member of staff or someone from a voluntary agency. The choice is yours.

Complaints about licensed premises

If you would like to complain about licensed premises in Salford, or comment on a proposed licensing application, please see the licence to sell alcohol page.

Comments, compliments and complaints about social care

We need to know what you think about our services so that we can improve them. You may have a concern or a complaint about a service or you may have a comment or compliment to make. We want to hear from you whatever you have to say.

Website complaints

If you have any comments or complaints about our website only, please email

Report spam emails

Please use our report spam abuse form to inform us of any spam emails that you've received from any council owned domains. 

This page was last updated on 27 January 2016

Rate and comment on this page

How do you rate the quality of this page?

This form allows you to give us your opinion on the quality of the content on this page. If you’d like to comment or complain about a council service, please use our complaints, comments and compliments form.

Your comments or email address will not be published on this website and are subject to our privacy statement.

Copyright Salford City Council
Salford City Council, Salford Civic Centre, Chorley Road, Swinton, Salford, M27 5AW
GOV.UK - the place to find government services and information
© Copyright Salford City Council 2016.