Decisions of the council
The council has agreed a new constitution which sets out how the council operates, how decisions are made and the procedures which are followed to ensure that these are efficient, transparent and accountable to local people.
In accordance with the constitution, the council publishes decisions taken by the City Mayor, the Deputy City Mayor and assistant mayors:
- Decisions taken at executive meetings from 11 March 2014 onwards
- Decisions taken at executive meetings prior to 11 March 2014
- Decisions taken outside executive meetings
During the period of five working days from the publication of a decision, a request to 'call-in' a decision may be made as follows:
- If it is within the remit of the Overview and Scrutiny Board, the decision may be called in, if the chair of the board, any two members of the board or any three members of the council submit a notice in writing to the monitoring officer, within the five day period giving reasons why the decision should be scrutinised.
- If it is within the remit of one of the scrutiny panels, the decision may be called in, if the chair of the panel, any two members of the panel or any three members of the council submit a notice in writing to the monitoring officer, within the five day period giving reasons why the decision should be scrutinised.
Requests for call-in are only used in exceptional circumstances and if a decision is not called-in, it becomes effective at 4.00pm on the fifth working day following publication. A call-in form is available to download.
If you are unable to view documents of these types, our downloads page provides links to viewing software.
Who to contact
- Democratic Services
- Corporate Business
Map to this location
- 0161 793 3318
This page was last updated on 23 April 2015