Decisions of the council
The council has adopted a new constitution in accordance with the Local Government Act 2000.
In accordance with the constitution, the council publishes decisions taken by the City Mayor, the Deputy City Mayor and Assistant Mayors:
- Decisions taken at executive meetings from 11 March 2014 onwards
- Decisions taken at executive meetings prior to 11 March 2014
- Decisions taken outside executive meetings
During the period of five working days from the publication of a decision, a request to "call-in" a decision may be made by either:
- Two members of the appropriate scrutiny committee to which the decision applies, or
- Any three members of the council
Requests for call-in are only used in exceptional circumstances, and if a decision is not called-in, it becomes effective at the end of the fifth working day following publication. A call-in form is available below.
If you are unable to view documents of these types, our downloads page provides links to viewing software.
Who to contact
- Democratic Services
- Customer and Support Services
Map to this location
- 0161 793 3318
This page was last updated on 12 March 2014