Salford City Council provides a domestic refuse collection service (black bin) for all homes in the city.
Only use your black bin to dispose of items that cannot be recycled such as:
- Plastic bags
- Plastic film trays
- Margarine tubs and yoghurt pots
- Cat litter
- Disposable nappies
Please be aware that only one black bin will be emptied per household.
My bin has been missed, what should I do?
Please call 0161 909 6500 or use our online reporting form as soon as possible. Where practical, alternative arrangements will be made.
I need a black bin, what should I do?
Please call us on 0161 909 6500 to arrange a replacement (as soon as stocks allow). A £25 administration and delivery charge is payable for all new and replacement bins.
What size wheelie bins are available?
We operate the following policy regarding the issue of wheelie bins for domestic properties:
- The standard issue wheelie bin has a capacity of 240 litres.
- A smaller 140 litre bin can be provided for the elderly, infirm or those living alone.
- For properties with six or more occupants, a 360 litre wheelie bin may be issued, subject to the occupants proving they are committed to reducing their waste via recycling.
- Only one black bin will be emptied per household.
Reduce, reuse, recycle
Did you know that around 100,000 bins are emptied throughout Salford each week producing about 2,000 tonnes of rubbish?
With your help, around 70 to 80% of Salford's domestic waste could be recycled so that it does not end up in landfill sites.
Salford City Council sees recycling as being very important and we are always looking for ways to provide you with easier access to recycling facilities.
Who to contact
- Waste Services
- Turnpike Depot
631 Eccles New Road
Map to this location
- 0161 909 6500
This page was last updated on 23 October 2014