Salford is a great place to be and, with the range of benefits available to you as an employee, Salford City Council is a great place to work.
To provide you with a taster of some of the benefits we offer our employees we have divided them to into the following three categories:
- Flexi-time: our full time working week is 36 hours and if the post is eligible for flexible working you can work these hours anytime between 7.00am and 7.00pm from Monday to Friday. In addition, if you accumulate a credit of working hours you can take up to two days flexi in each four week period, subject to the demands of the service.
- Annual leave: up to 33 days plus bank holidays, and the ability to carry forward five days to the following annual leave year.
- Exam and study leave: employees are encouraged to undertake education, training and development. Where there are clear benefits to both the council and the individual, directors are authorised to grant leave as appropriate for the purposes of taking examinations and/or assessments and equivalent periods of paid study leave to prepare for examinations and/or assessments.
- Car loan scheme: the council operates a car loan scheme that is available to most employees who are essential or authorised casual users.
- Cycle to work scheme: permanent staff are eligible for the buy-a-bike scheme which is designed to promote healthy travel to work and reduce environmental pollution. Employees benefit from substantial discounts in the total price of bikes and accessories.
- Pension: final salary scheme.
- Public duties: we can grant up to 18 days leave per year to employees who undertake public duties.
- Physiotherapy service: for employees with musculoskeletal conditions.
- Counselling service: the employee counselling service provides confidential access to an independent counsellor via a free phone number.
- Occupational health service: available to all staff by referral.
- Hospital appointments: paid time off, up to two hours.
- Eye care scheme: employees who need glasses for VDU use will receive a financial contribution towards the cost of the glasses.
- Leisure membership: reduced membership to our leisure centres.
- The Disability Leave Scheme (DLS): up to six weeks paid additional leave.
- Job share: all of our posts, unless otherwise stated, are available as job share posts.
- Maternity leave: you are entitled to 52 weeks maternity leave, the amount of maternity pay you receive is dependent upon your individual circumstances.
- Paternity leave: our employees can take two weeks paternity leave, both of which are paid.
- Reduced working time policy: should your personal circumstances alter and you wish to work shorter hours, this policy will enable you to request this.
- Adoption leave policy: our employees can take up to 52 weeks off as adoption leave of which 26 weeks will be paid.
- Childcare vouchers: we support the Computershare childcare voucher scheme that offers a flexible way to pay for a wide range of childcare benefits at reduced costs which both parents are entitled to.
- Carers leave: you can have up to five carers leave days in a 12 month period.
- Compassionate leave: employees can have up to three days paid compassionate leave in a 12 month period.
- Non-urgent domestic leave: unpaid leave can be granted in certain circumstances.
- Parental leave: this is statutory unpaid leave to allow parents to spend more time with their children when they are young.
- Time off for dependants: this is statutory unpaid leave to care for a dependant.
This page was last updated on 22 April 2015