Help with housing repairs or improvements

Housing assistance policy - private sector homes

In 2002, the government introduced new rules that allowed councils to offer a range of financial assistance that would best support local, private sector housing conditions. The products are designed to help homeowners and private tenants to maintain and improve their homes or provide additional assistance to owner-occupiers affected by clearance.

Assistance is aimed at the vulnerable, elderly and financially disadvantaged groups whose health and safety may be at risk. Relocation assistance is aimed at owner-occupiers living in communities affected by proposals for clearance, who may require additional help in bridging the gap between the value of their current home and their new home.

The Private Sector Housing Assistance Policy outlines the levels of assistance available and the criteria for qualifying. This policy came into force on 1 April 2006. This policy was amended in 2014.

Home improvement assistance information is available from the Salford Home Improvement Agency.

Downloadable documents

If you are unable to view documents of these types, our downloads page provides links to viewing software.

Who to contact

Salford Home Improvement Agency
Salford City Council
Sustainable Regeneration
Turnpike House
Eccles New Road
M50 1SW
Map to this location
0161 793 2896

This page was last updated on 7 November 2014

Rate and comment on this page

How do you rate the quality of this page?

This form allows you to give us your opinion on the quality of the content on this page. If you’d like to comment or complain about a council service, please use our complaints, comments and compliments form.

Your comments or email address will not be published on this website and are subject to our privacy statement.

Copyright Salford City Council
Salford City Council, Salford Civic Centre, Chorley Road, Swinton, Salford, M27 5AW
GOV.UK - the place to find government services and information
© Copyright Salford City Council 2016.