Mandatory conditions attached to all casino premises
1. The summary of the terms and conditions of the premises licence issued under section 164(1)(c) of the 2005 act shall be displayed in a prominent place within the premises.
2. The layout of the premises shall be maintained in accordance with the plan.
3. The premises shall not be used for:
(a) the sale of tickets in a private lottery or customer lottery, or
(b) the sale of tickets in any other lottery in respect of which the sale of tickets on the premises is otherwise prohibited
4. The principal entrance to the premises shall be from a street.
5. No entrance to the premises shall be from premises that are used wholly or mainly by children, by young persons, or by both.
6. No customer shall be able to enter the premises directly from any other premises in respect of which a licence issued under part 8 of the act, or a permit issued under schedule 10, 12 or 13 to the act, has effect.
7. A gap of at least two metres shall be maintained between any ordinary gaming table and any other equipment, apparatus or structure used by a person to gamble on the premises.
8. No more than 40 separate player positions may be made available for use in relation to wholly automated gaming tables at any time.
9. The rules of each type of casino game that is available to be played on the premises shall be displayed in a prominent place within both the table gaming area and other gambling area of the premises to which customers wishing to use facilities for gambling have unrestricted access.
This condition may be satisfied by displaying a clear and legible sign setting out the rules or by making available to customers leaflets or other written material containing the rules.
10. Any ATM made available for use on the premises shall be located in a place that requires any customer who wishes to use it to cease gambling at any gaming table, gaming machine or betting machine in order to do so.
11. A notice shall be displayed in a prominent place at every entrance to the premises stating that no person under the age of 18 years is permitted to enter the premises.
The following conditions shall apply to premises which have a gambling area the floor area of which is no less than 200 square metres.
12a. In determining the floor area of the gambling area, all areas in which facilities for gambling are provided on the premises shall be taken into account.
12b. The premises shall contain a non-gambling area, the floor area of which is no less than 10% of the floor area of the gambling area.
12c. The non-gambling area may consist of one or more areas within the premises.
12d. Lobby areas and toilet facilities may be taken into account in calculating the non-gambling area; but the non-gambling area shall not consist exclusively of lobby areas and toilet facilities.
12e. Facilities for gambling shall not be provided in the non-gambling area.
At any time during which facilities for gambling are being provided on the premises, each separate area comprising the non-gambling area, other than the lobby areas and toilet facilities referred to in paragraph (d) above, shall contain recreational facilities that are available for use by customers on the premises
Default conditions attached to casino premises licences
No facilities for gambling shall be provided on the premises between the hours of 6.00am and 12.00 noon on any day.
Plan to accompany applications for a premises licence - casino
An application for a premises licence under section 159 shall be accompanied by a scale plan of the premises to which the application relates which complies with the following provisions of the regulations.
The plan must show:
(a) the extent of the boundary or perimeter of the premises;
(b) where the premises include, or consist of, one or more buildings, the location of any external or internal walls of each such building;
(c) where the premises form part of a building, the location of any external or internal walls of the building which are included in the premises;
(d) where the premises are a vessel or a part of a vessel, the location of any part of the sides of the vessel, and of any internal walls of the vessel, which are included in the premises;
(e) the location of each point of entry to and exit from the premises, including in each case a description of the place from which entry is made or to which the exit leads; and
(f) the principal entrance to the premises of those identified in accordance with paragraph
(g) the location and extent of any part of the premises which will be a table gaming area;
(h) the location and extent of any other part of the premises which will be used for providing facilities for gambling in reliance on the licence; and
(i) the location and extent of any part of the premises which will be a non-gambling area.
This page was last updated on 8 May 2013