Primary (age 4 to 11)
Starting school is a big step for both children and parents - it is a time of change, choices and decisions.
It is also the beginning of a partnership, with both you and the school sharing responsibility for your child's education.
The city's record in both nursery and primary schools is one of continuous improvement over recent years, as we strive to raise the aspirations and achievements of all our pupils. By working together we aim to raise standards.
Everyone wants your child to enjoy learning and get the most out of their education in Salford. As a result there are many services which will ease your child's transition to school.
These pages explain Salford's policies and information on nursery and primary aged pupils, for example:
- Applying for a school place
- Details about the curriculum for 3 to 11 year olds
- A list of all nursery and primary schools and contact details
- Children who have special needs
- Your duty as a parent or carer
- On school meals
- On school transport
- School governors
- Support for traveller children and child whose first language is not English
- Out of school care and activities
- Consumer education for school children and teachers
- Lledr Hall, outdoor education centre
This page was last updated on 15 October 2012