Secondary (age 11 to 16)
The move to secondary school is a big step for children and parents - a time of change, choices and decisions. Salford has many services which will ease your child's transition to secondary school.
These pages explain many of Salford's policies for secondary aged pupils, for example:
- How pupils transfer from primary to secondary school
- Details about the curriculum for 11 to 16 year olds
- School meals
- Transport to and from school
- Your duty as a parent
- School governors
- Consumer education for secondary school children and teachers
- Youth services
- Lledr Hall, outdoor education centre
The city's record in our secondary schools is one of continuous improvement. Over recent years we have strived to raise the aspirations and achievements of all our pupils.
By working together we hope to raise standards. The first step is to make the move to a local high school as simple and easy as possible. Everyone wants your child to enjoy learning and get the most out of secondary education in the city of Salford.
This page was last updated on 20 September 2011