Strengthening families is a parenting programme to help vulnerable parents to care for and nurture their children.
It is based upon an intensive outreach support and educational programme, based upon the ethos and evidence from Family Nurse Partnership and child development programmes. It focuses upon helping parents understand how babies and children develop and what they can do to support and promote this. It also addresses how current lifestyles and patterns of behaviour impact on the baby, both pre and post birth.
- Expectant mums of up to 20 weeks of pregnancy and who are at significant risk such as domestic abuse or alcohol/drugs use and this is their first pregnancy
- Parents who have had children removed by courts and are trying to avoid repeated incidents
- Teenage pregnancy service
- Next Step (young people leaving care)
- Midwifery service
- Health visiting service
- Children's services (social care)
This is through:
- completed Common Assessment Framework (CAF), and/or the risk assessment below
- referral for via the secure upload and the Referral and Inital Assessment Team (RIAT)
- Keritane questionnaire
- Family wheel
Telephone: 0161 793 3403
Telephone: 0751 518 7517
If you are unable to view documents of these types, our downloads page provides links to viewing software.
This page was last updated on 29 May 2013