Complaints and safeguarding


The supporting people complaints procedure can be downloaded using the link below. The procedure deals with complaints from:

  • Service users (customers) about service providers
  • Complaints from employees about service providers
  • Complaints about the supporting people service or team

Complaints by service users about service providers

If you are a service user complaining about a service provider, you can complain through the service's own complaints procedure or alternatively contact the supporting people team.

Complaints by employees of service providers

If you are an employee of a service provider complaining about a provider, you can make a formal complaint in writing to the supporting people team.

Complaints about supporting people

Complaints about the supporting people service or team should be directed to the Salford City Council complaints procedure.

Safeguarding children and vulnerable adults

What is safeguarding?

Safeguarding is the process of protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and/or neglect from others.

Who do we safeguard?

Children under 18 years old and vulnerable adults aged 18 and over. Concerns about young people aged 16 or 17 years are dealt with by Children's Services.

What should you do if you have safeguarding concerns?

You can speak to your support worker or your service provider if you are worried that you or someone you know is being abused and/or neglected.

If you are not able to speak to your support worker about your concerns, or if you have a safeguarding concern about a member of staff from your service provider, you can contact the supporting people team on 0161 793 2220.

You can also contact the teams below for advice.


If you are a worried about a child or young person (under 18 years old), you should ring the Multi Agency Hub on 0161 603 4500 or email If you think a child is in immediate danger or home alone, dial 999.


If you are worried about a vulnerable adult, you can ring the safeguarding reporting line on 0161 909 6517.

Links to other information

Downloadable documents

If you are unable to view documents of these types, our downloads page provides links to viewing software.

This page was last updated on 30 July 2014

Rate and comment on this page

How do you rate the quality of this page?

This form allows you to give us your opinion on the quality of the content on this page. If you’d like to comment or complain about a council service, please use our complaints, comments and compliments form.

Your comments or email address will not be published on this website and are subject to our privacy statement.

Copyright Salford City Council
Salford City Council, Salford Civic Centre, Chorley Road, Swinton, Salford, M27 5AW   Telephone 0161 794 4711
GOV.UK - the place to find government services and information
© Copyright Salford City Council 2015.