2 Smith Street
Buses are situated on the main road directly outside the centre, there is also a train station located on Walkden Road.
There is a free car park behind the building.
For enquiries about Salford City Council, NHS services and library services at Walkden Gateway, please telephone 0161 909 6518.
- Monday to Thursday from 8.00am to 10.00pm
- Friday from 8.00am to 7.30pm
- Saturday from 9.00am to 1.00pm
Walkden Gateway has a wide range of services provided by the Primary Care Trust (PCT) and Salford City Council, which include:
- Advice and information area
- Audiology department
- Adult's and children's libraries with free computer use and internet access
- Community dental service
- Community health services including podiatry, community paediatrics and district nursing
- Physiotherapy and occupational therapy services
- Three bookable community rooms for local groups and events
- Telephone: 0161 211 7175
- Opening hours:
- Monday: 8.30am to 6.30pm
- Tuesday: 8.30am to 6.30pm
- Wednesday: 8.30am to 12.30pm
- Thursday: 8.30am to 6.30pm
- Friday: 8.30am to 6.30pm
This state of the art, health and social care complex is situated in the centre of Walkden, opposite the Ellesmere shopping centre. It offers both PCT and Salford City Council services under one roof, the first centre of this type in the UK.
- The partners involved in building this centre were:
- MAST LIFT Co
- Salford City Council
- Salford Primary Care Trust
This page was last updated on 3 January 2014