2 Smith Street
Buses are situated on the main road directly outside the centre, there is also a train station located on Walkden Road.
There is a free car park behind the building.
For enquiries about Salford City Council, NHS services and library services at Walkden Gateway, please telephone 0161 909 6518.
- Monday to Thursday from 8.00am to 10.00pm
- Friday from 8.00am to 7.30pm
- Saturday from 9.00am to 1.00pm
- Accessible toilets on all floors with a hoist in the ground floor toilet
- Automatic door at the main entrance
- Hearing loop at the ground floor reception
- Higher and lower counters at the ground floor reception
- Lifts to all floors
- Portable hearing loop available
- Four bays for disabled parking at the rear of the building
- Baby change room
- Baby feed room
- Bookable community rooms
- Public toilets
What's on offer
- Adult and children's library service
- Council services
- Health services
- Information and advice
- GP surgery
- Internet access including Wi-Fi
- Printing and scanning
This state of the art, health and social care complex is situated in the centre of Walkden, opposite the Ellesmere shopping centre. It offers both NHS and Salford City Council services under one roof, the first centre of this type in the UK.
- The partners involved in building this centre were:
- MAST LIFT Co
- Salford City Council
- Salford Primary Care Trust
This page was last updated on 1 February 2016