As an employee of Salford City Council what can you expect:
- Annual leave - up to 33 days plus bank holidays, plus ability to carry forward five days to be taken in the following annual leave year.
- Banked leave - alternatively you can ‘bank' five days of your annual leave each year to a maximum of 30 days to be enjoyed as and when you need them.
- Exam and study leave - employees are encouraged to undertake education, training and development. Where there are clear benefits to both the city council and the individual, directors are authorised to grant leave as appropriate for the purposes of taking examinations and/or assessments and equivalent periods of paid study leave for preparation for examination and/or assessments.
- Appraisal - you will be appraised at least once a year and you will be involved in drawing up a personal development plan for yourself as a result.
- Training and development - we provide a wide range of training and development opportunities for staff in all aspects of their work. Many of these are related to occupational qualifications.
- Car loan scheme - the council operates a car loan scheme that is available to most employees who are essential or authorised casual users.
- Equal opportunities and diversity - we have a number of policies to ensure equal opportunities in all aspects of employment.
- Induction - this is an important part of the information that a new employee receives, and is designed to help you understand more about how the council works and what you can expect as an employee.
- Pension - final salary scheme.
- Public duties - we can grant up to 18 days leave per year to employees who undertake public duties.
This page was last updated on 13 September 2013