Information about the benefits service

Housing Benefit/Council tax reduction and Blue Badge Service

If you are already in receipt of Council Tax Reduction and/or Housing Benefit, payments will continue as normal. However, if anyone has a change in circumstances please complete our change in circumstances online form to update us.

Benefit claimants can find more information about coronavirus support on the GOV.UK website.

If you are self-isolating or without internet access and unable to complete online forms for benefits or the Blue Badge service, we can help. Please call us on 0161 793 2500.

If you have lost your job or aren’t getting paid and struggling to pay your council tax, please see our back on track pages where there is a wide range of support available. For example, you may be entitled to help with your council tax through the council tax reduction scheme or we may be able to change or extend your payment plan. 

You may also find our Better Off pages informative where there is guidance on a range of services including a benefits calculator.

You can find more information about coronavirus support for employees, benefit claimants and businesses on the GOV.UK website as well as Universal Credit information.

If you need other types of assistance such as food shopping, getting essential medication, fuel (if you are on a pre-paid meter for gas or electric) or looking after pets, please complete our online Spirit of Salford form.

We are still here to help you but given the demands on our contact centre, we request that where possible you get in touch online.

Rate this page