Below you can see a list of all the previous winners of the Recycle and Reward scheme.
As a one-off ‘Easter Special’ in March 2017 we also awarded three extra pay outs to the groups with the most votes overall*.
Claremont and Weaste
- January 2017 - Friends of buile Hill Park, park improvements and supporting community litter picks
- February 2017 - Buile Hill five-a-side football, to pay for hall/pitch hire.
- March 2017 - Outdoor Adventures Community Group, to replace equipment
- *Easter Special winner March 2017 - The Sound of Salford Radio, for some outside PA equipment
- April 2017 - Friends of Lightoaks Parks, to buy equipment such as tables, chairs, gazebos and basic catering supplies
- July 2017 - Friends of Lightoaks Park, to purchase a PA sound system/speakers, a generator, a cool box, additional chairs and other items such as a first aid kit and bunting
August 2017 - Pendleton Platinum Morris Dancing Troup, funding to go towards costumes, music system and accessories
- January 2017 - Broughton Angling Club, help to install disabled toilets
- February 2017 - The Pink Picnic, to help fund this annual event
- March 2017 - Friends of Peel Park, to help fund a ‘family fun’ opening event for the park
- April 2017 - Friends of Green Grosvenor Park, to put on a summer fair
- May 2017 - Marlborough Road Academy, to buy paper and milk recycling bins for classrooms and print rooms. As well as bags, litter pickers, hi-visibility jackets and gloves.
- June 2017 - Mersey Basin Rivers Trust, to use funding to help regenerate the lake in Clowes Park and purchase aquatic plants and fish
- July 2017 - Lower Kersal Young People's Group, to help replace current film equipment to continue art projects.
- August 2017 - Lower Kersal Residents Forum, funding to go towards a summer fund day for local people.
- January 2017 - Brookhouse Cook Club, portable catering cooker
- February 2017 - Eccles youth centre, to help pay for exercise equipment
- March 2017 - Winton Cricket Club, funding for match kits and baseball caps
- April 2017 - Eccles Sequence Dancers, to pay room hire for the next 12 months
- May 2017 - Yemeni Community Association, to purchase of a new commercial photocopier/printer for use in their office.
- June 2017 - Eccles Rugby Union Duke of Edinburgh Award, the funding will allow the Duke of Edinburgh team to purchase tents and stoves
- July 2017 - Monton Sports Club, to purchase more training equipment for the children taking part in cricket and to help them become a centre of sporting excellence.
- August 2017 - New Beginnings, funding will allow the purchase of laptops and tablets to run sessions
Irlam and Cadishead
- January 2017 - Irlam and Cadishead Young Men’s Group, tablets for young people to work on
- February 2017 - Cadishead youth club, to buy play equipment and mats
- March 2017 - Cadishead Community Building, to install CCTV
- *Easter Special winner March 2017 - Irlam Gems, to buy new uniforms for their dance champions
- *Easter Special winner March 2017 - Salford Friendly Anglers, to help purchase new fish stock for the Old River Irwell
- April 2017 - Irlam and Cadishead Community Festival, to provide a PA system, fireworks and first-aid cover
- May 2017 - Cadishead Rhinos, to be able to book a venue to allow the team to carry on for another year
- June 2017 - Cadishead Youth Club, funding will be used to take around 30 young people on a trip to Chester Zoo
- July 2017 - Irlam Gems Morris Dancing Club, new costumes for the children for the Champs event in November.
Little Hulton and Walkden
- January 2017 - Walkden community, new lights for Walkden
- February 2017 - Walkden Manor Residential Care Home, to pay for a dementia and memory garden
- March 2017 - Friends of St Mary's Park, to fund an Easter egg hunt and equipment for litter picking
- April 2017 - St Ann's Hospice, to purchase 'perpetual calendar' clocks for each bedroom
- May 2017 - 9th Walkden Brownies to go towards the cost of their annual Brownie Camp, so girls are able to take part in mental and physical challenges
- June 2017 - Cawdor Street Allotments, the funding will be used to purchase tools and develop raised beds
- July 2017 - Little Hulton Together, to go towards the funds needed to purchase marquees, face painters, inflatables etc. This will enable local groups to showcase what they have on offer in a community event.
Ordsall and Langworthy
- January 2017 - There weren’t enough votes for us to declare a winner in this area
- February 2017 - Manweb, to help towards the cost of a residential weekend away for men including activities
- March 2017 - Unfortunately there weren’t enough votes for us to declare a winner in this area
- April 2017 - Langworthy Ken Yu Kai, to hire the dance hall at Buile Hill High School and protective body armour and equipment
- May 2017 - Friends of Chimney Pot Park to purchase notice boards to be positioned at each of the entrances
- August 2017 - Manweb Men's Group, funding will pay for accommodation, activities and transport for a short break
Swinton and Pendlebury
- January 2017 - Folly Lane ARLFC, fencing for around the football pitch
- February 2017 - Clifton Country Park Forum, to create a woodland sculpture trail
- March 2017 - 1st Clifton Scout group, for a mess tent to use when camping
- April 2017 - Mossfield Road Allotments, for community tools, topsoil and a solar powered water pump
- May 2017 - Wardley Residents Group, to provide new equipment such as junior swings, an adventure climbing frame and environmental play for the disabled
- June 2017 - Dancing with dementia, to purchase a defibrillator in case of emergencies
Worsley and Boothstown
- January 2017 - 1st Boothstown Rainbows, rental costs for meeting place
- February 2017 - Salford Sea Cadets, funding towards the cost of replacing their current safety boat
- March 2017 - Roe Green Play Park, funding towards the cost of refurbishing the play park
- April 2017 - Friends of Boothsbank Park, for gardening tools and a steam mop
- May 2017 - Worsley Woods action group, to refurbish the path from Roe Green to St Mary’s Primary School
- June 2017 - 9th Worsley/Boothstown Scout Group, funding will be used to replace camping equipment
This page was last updated on 25 September 2017