Step four of the government roadmap has now been reached. While the national COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted, coronavirus is still a significant issue and risk to health, so we advise you continue:
- Use face coverings and hand hygiene for staff and customers such as using hand sanitisers and regularly and thoroughly washing hands
- Keep indoor venues and workplaces well ventilated such as open windows
- Businesses should use the NHS COVID Pass in large venues and events
- Businesses complete updated risk assessments and address the needs of clinically vulnerable employees
More information on what you can and cannot do is on GOV.UK.
Latest government COVID-19 restrictions
To minimise the spread of coronavirus, businesses are advised to ensure:
- There is good ventilation in their premises.
- Customers should use contactless payment where possible.
- Indoor hospitality customers must be seated at a table to order food and drinks.
- Hospitality venues must record the contact details of customers either by asking them to provide these, or customers can check in by scanning the QR code on an NHS Covid App QR code poster. All venues should display a poster.
More advice and guidance about working safely for businesses is available on GOV.UK.
If you have concerns about a business, please contact the council at firstname.lastname@example.org
The GC Coronavirus Business Support Hub brings together key information for businesses.
Latest government financial support
Business grants information is available on our support grants page.
If you would like to receive a business email update, please use our contact form to let us know.
We advise customers to still wear face coverings in indoor business premises including:
- shops and supermarkets
- shopping centres (malls and indoor markets)
- premises providing hospitality (bars, pubs, restaurants, cafes), except when seated at a table to eat or drink
- personal care such as hairdressers and beauty treatments
- visitor attractions and entertainment venues
- public areas in hotels and hostels
Sector specific guidance is available ‘to help employers, employees and the self-employed understand how to work safely during the coronavirus pandemic’. There are guides for:
- Construction and other outdoor work
- Factories, plants and warehouses
- Labs and research facilities
- Offices and contact centres
- Other people’s homes
- Restaurants offering takeaway or delivery
- Shops and branches
The guides are on the GOV.UK website.
If you would like guidance on how your business can operate safely, you can email email@example.com.
If your business is affected by the restrictions, you can find details of support available on our coronavirus pages.
This page was last updated on 19 July 2021