Disability reduction

If you are disabled, or have a disabled person living in your home, we may be able to reduce your council tax bill.

To get money off, you’ll need to show that you’ve either:

  • an extra bathroom, kitchen or other room that the disabled person needs
  • enough space for using a wheelchair indoors

The property must be the main home of at least one disabled person (either a child or adult).

To qualify for a reduction, the extra room doesn't have to be specially built. However, the room must be mainly used by the disabled person.

Apply for a disability reduction

This page was last updated on 22 February 2016