Solar Together in Greater Manchester
Salford City Council has pledged to make Salford carbon neutral by 2038. In order to reduce the impact of carbon dioxide on the environment, we are encouraging communities and businesses to look at how they can change what they do to help. Choosing solar power for your home or business is one practical way you can reduce your carbon footprint.
Solar Together in Greater Manchester is a group-buying scheme that helps you through the process, keeping you informed at every stage.
How does it work?
- Registration: you register for free from now until 21 October 2019 and without obligation on the Solar Together website. To register you simply provide details about your roof, such as its size and orientation.
- Auction: a supplier ‘auction’ will be held on 22 October 2019, when our approved solar suppliers will bid for the work. The more people that register, the better the deal should be for each household.
- Personal recommendation: from 11 November 2019 you will be contacted with a personal offer, based on the specifications of your roof. This includes your costs and specification of your solar panel installation.
- You decide: the decision is then yours as to whether you want to accept your offer. There is no obligation to continue. You will have until 10 December 2019 to decide and will be invited to visit an information session.
- Installation: if you accept the offer, the winning supplier will contact you to survey your roof and set an installation date. All installations are planned to be completed by the end of March 2020.
Find out more
For more information about the scheme, visit our Solar Together Greater Manchester website where you can register for the scheme and leave questions in the contact form. A freephone helpline is available to answer any further questions.