Home maintenance services

Keeping warm and healthy at home

Residents living in private housing wanting to improve their home's insulation and heating maybe eligible for one of the council's no-cost or low-cost schemes. Visit our Warm Salford pages to find out more about the current offers or telephone 0161 793 2264 or email keepingwarm@salford.gov.uk.

Looking after your home

Keeping your home clean and safe, managing bills and keeping your home warm enough

Need work doing around the house?

Helping Hands Building maintenance, handyman and minor home repair services in Salford.

Home Security

Salford City Council's Housing Crime Reduction team helps residents to feel secure in their homes. They give advice on crime prevention, provide security packages and carry out neighbourhood security schemes.

Help if you are disabled

The Mandatory Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) is still available to owner occupiers or those in the private rented sector to help pay for the cost of adapting a home to meet the needs of a person with disabilities, to help you live independently and remain in your own home for as long as possible. For information on disabled adaptations, please contact the Community Occupational Therapy Service.

Rogue traders and doorstep selling

We work hard with partners to combat rogue traders who often prey on the most vulnerable in their own home. If you, or someone you know has been targeted by a rogue trader please contact us online, alternatively you can obtain advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau Consumer Service on 0808 223 1133 or use the Citizens Advice online form.

Rate this page