Salford City Council is a great place to work as an employee you can expect arrange of benefits including up to 33 days annual leave, flexi-time health and wellbeing services and a range of non-employment related benefits including discounted shopping schemes.
We offer a comprehensive training programme for social workers:
- Employees are offered five days core skills training which target both ASYE and aspiring manager levels.
- Court skills and court craft training is available in conjunction with rolling programme seminars facilitated by Manchester judiciary.
- Salford Safeguarding Partnership offer a programme of training sessions and seminars many on emerging themes within social work practice throughout the year. Lunch bowl sessions are offered to all employees on variety of subjects on a monthly basis.
- Research in Practice is available to all employees along with a continual professional development programme.
- We are an active member within the Greater Manchester Teaching Partnership and are able to access both individual and bespoke training and development opportunities.
As part of our ongoing commitment to flexible working, we recognise that employees may want a break away from work at some point during their career. We offer career breaks so that employees have the opportunity to do this with the security of a job to return to and this allows us to retain valued employees in whom we have invested time, training and development.
For a full list of benefits please see our page below:
Salford City Council employment benefits
Health and wellbeing
We provide a range of health and wellbeing services as we strive to:
- Create an environment which promotes positive physical and mental health in the workplace.
- Encourage and support our employees to develop a healthy lifestyle.
- Support employees who have manageable physical and mental health conditions or disabilities to maintain access to and to return to work.
- Create a management culture of openness and communication, which actively engages with the workforce, especially during periods of change.
A great place to live and work
Salford is a city constantly changing, with a mixture of waterfront, urban and countryside environments. With excellent road and public transport links to all parts of the UK and Manchester International Airport is only a few miles away too making Salford a great place to live and work.
More about Salford
Contact us - dedicated in box or contact name within the service as first contact
Who to contact