Salford City Council welcomes the government’s grants through this period of disruption caused by COVID-19. Between April and September 2020, approximately £46 million in grants were made to Salford businesses, helping to ensure their survival as they are vital to our local economy.
This autumn, the government has introduced new grant schemes to support businesses that have been directly impacted by the restrictions imposed during:
- National lockdown from Thursday 5 November 2020 to Wednesday 2 December 202
- Local COVID Alert Level 3 (Tier 3) from Friday 23 October 2020 to Wednesday 4 November 2020
- Local COVID Alert Level 2 (Tier 2) equivalent from Wednesday 5 August 2020
- National lockdown from Monday 23 March 2020
The grants schemes are:
Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG)
The Local Restrictions Support Grants is to help businesses that are registered as liable for business rates and have been legally required to close or directly affected by restrictions being put in place to manage coronavirus.
Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG)
The Additional Restrictions Grant is to help further businesses
- occupying shared commercial accommodation, are not liable for business rates, have a responsibility for ongoing fixed premises cost and have been legally required to close or directly affected by restrictions being put in place to manage coronavirus.
- whose main business activity is to supply goods and / or services to the business sectors that have been directly restricted or impacted by restrictions being put in place and therefore have been significantly impacted financially; these businesses may or may not be registered as liable for business rates.
For a summary of businesses impacted by restrictions in both Tier 3 and national lockdown, please go to the ARG page.
This page was last updated on 26 November 2020