Worried about somebody?

Help and support is available if you’re worried about adults or children because of domestic abuse, suicidal thoughts, neglect or abuse.

Worried about a child?

If you’re worried that a child is being neglected, abused or is not being looked after properly please don’t ignore it.

Trust your instincts and get in touch with The Bridge Partnership if you’ve seen or heard something that you thought wasn’t right.

You can call The Bridge on 0161 603 4500 from 8.30am to 4.30pm. Outside these hours, you can call our emergency duty team on 0161 794 8888.

The Bridge Partnership handles all concerns about the welfare or safety of a child in Salford. It’s made up of workers from different organisations including Salford City Council, Salford Royal, Greater Manchester police, CAMHS (children’s mental health service) and Greater Manchester Mental Health NHS Foundation Trust.

To find out more go to our worried about a child page.

Worried about an adult?

If you or someone know is being abused physically or verbally, having money stolen or is not being looked after properly, please get in touch. 

Salford Safeguarding Adults Board protects adults who live in Salford who may not be able to protect themselves.

Call 0161 631 4777 or complete our form to report a safeguarding concern.

If it is abuse together we’ll stop it.

To find out more visit our safeguarding adults page.

Domestic abuse

Domestic abuse can happen to anyone, men or women and witnessing domestic abuse can have a profound effect on children.

If you are in danger always call 999.

If you need to talk to someone who will believe, understand and help you decide what to do please call the free National Domestic Abuse helpline  on 0808 2000 247. It’s available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and they have translators if your first language is not English.

We’ve also listed many local and national organisations which can help you.

To find out more visit our domestic abuse section.

Police and victim support

If you or someone you know needs police help or needs support, please get in touch. The police are still responding to non-coronavirus incidents and support is there to keep you safe – whether you want to involve the police or not.

You can contact services online if you are not able to call.

Calling the police

If there is risk of harm or to report a crime please call 101 or contact Greater Manchester Police via their Livechat facility.

If there is immediate danger call 999.

If you call 999 from a mobile phone and you can’t speak use the Silent Solution by pressing 55 when prompted. Once you press 55 the operator will transfer the call to the police as an emergency.

Victim support

You can contact Greater Manchester Victim Support for help and advice and details of local support services or call them on 0161 200 1950.

If home isn’t always a safe place for you there is advice from Safe Lives. Keep in touch with friends and family via telephone and video calls or social media so you have a support network.


If you’re having suicidal thoughts or worried about someone you know who is losing hope, help is out there.

Samaritans are available to listen 24 hours a day, seven days a week by calling 116 123.

Or you can email them at Jo@samaritans.org and they will get back to you within 24 hours.

Greater Manchester’s Shining a Light on Suicide website has information to help and a 20 minute training video on how you can talk to someone who may be having suicidal thoughts.

The Greater Manchester Suicide Bereavement Information Service is available to anyone bereaved by suicide on 0161 983 0700, Monday to Friday 10am to 4pm.

For more information you can also visit:

Vulnerable to radicalisation

If you have any safeguarding concerns about a person who may be vulnerable to radicalisation or being drawn into terrorism please complete the Prevent form below. If a child is in immediate danger of being harmed, or if a child is home alone, the police should be called on 999.

Prevent referral form

Rate this page