From Wednesday 15 December if you are aged 18 or over, to enter certain venues and events in England you must have proof of one of the following:
- Proof of two doses of approved vaccination
- Proof of negative PCR or rapid lateral flow test within the last 48 hours (you should take tests as late as possible before attending the event, ideally within 12 hours)
- Exemption on the basis of medical grounds or participation in a recognised clinical trial
Accepted proof can be any of the following:
Venues and events affected
- nightclubs, dancehalls and discos
- other late night dance venues open and serving alocohol after 1am
- indoor events with 500 or more attendees, where those attendees are likely to stand or move around
- outdoor events with 4,000 or more attendees, where those attendees are likely to stand or move around
- events with 10,000 or more attendees, whether indoor or outdoor
The venue or event will check your COVID-19 status. Please check what your venue will require before going.
What it the NHS COVID Pass and how to get it?
The NHS COVID Pass lets you share your COVID-19 status records or test COVID-19 status in a secure way.
It allows you to show others the details of your COVID-19 status:
- when travelling
- as a condition of entry at venues or events in England
You can get an NHS COVID Pass:
- digitally through the NHS App or online via NHS.UK
- as a letter sent to you in the post
You can find out more on the NHS website:
Get detailed information on COVID-19 guidance and use of the NHS COVID Pass on GOV.UK.