The council is preparing a conservation area appraisal for the Roe Green/Beesley Green conservation area.
What is a conservation area appraisal?
A conservation area appraisal identifies what is important about the character and appearance of a conservation area and identifies its special interest. A conservation area appraisal can:
- identify buildings and features that make a positive contribution to the conservation area
- inform decisions on planning applications within and around the conservation area
- amend the boundary of the conservation area
What has happened so far
Between 12 February and 29 March 2016 the council undertook an initial public consultation on the draft conservation area appraisal. A very good response was received with almost 400 representations submitted.
We considered and evaluated all representations received and made some further minor changes to the draft conservation area appraisal (see below). A summary of all representations received and how they were addressed is set out in the consultation statement below, which accompanied the draft conservation area appraisal that went out for re-consultation (also below).
A second consultation was held between February 9 and 23 March 2018 for this updated appraisal and again a good response was received.
What is happening now
We are now beginning the process of compiling, considering and evaluating all of the representations that we have received from this second consultation. These will then be used to inform the final version of the conservation area appraisal which the council intends to adopt.
- Roe Green Beesley Green draft conservation area appraisal February 2018 (Adobe PDF format, 16.1mb)
- Map 1 - existing conservation area boundary (JPG format, 5.9mb)
- Map 2 - location plan (JPG format, 4.6mb)
- Map 3 - 1764 map of Duke of Bridgewater's estate (JPG format, 6.7mb)
- Map 4 - 1848 ordnance survey map (JPG format, 4mb)
- Map 5 - 1894 ordnance survey map (JPG format, 5.1mb)
- Map 6 - 1909 ordnance survey map (JPG format, 5mb)
- Map 7 - 1937 ordnance survey map (JPG format, 6.1mb)
- Map 8 - 1970 ordnance survey map (JPG format, 6.3mb)
- Map 9 - Historic development (JPG format, 5.9mb)
- Map 10 - Listed buildings, locally listed buildings and buildings that make a positive contribution (JPG format, 9.6mb)
- Map 11 - Character areas (JPG format, 5.5mb)
- Map 12 - Green spaces and key views (JPG format, 6mb)
- Map 13 - Negative and neutral factors (JPG format, 6.3mb)
- Map 14 - Proposed amendments to conservation area boundary (JPG format, 5.7mb)
- Map 15 - Proposed revised conservation area boundary (JPG format, 5.8mb)
- Letter to consultees (Adobe PDF format, 89kb)
- Plan A – Proposed amendments to conservation area boundary February March 2016 (JPG format, 3.4mb)
- Plan B – Proposed revised conservation area boundary March 2018 (JPG format, 3.4mb)
- Roe Green Beesley Green consultation statement (Adobe PDF format, 16.1mb)
- Consultation poster (Adobe PDF format, 1.8mb)
If you are unable to view documents of these types, our downloads page provides links to viewing software.
This page was last updated on 29 March 2018