The council is preparing a conservation area appraisal for the Roe Green / Beesley Green conservation area.
What is a conservation area appraisal?
A conservation area appraisal identifies what is important about the character and appearance of a conservation area and identifies its special interest. A conservation area appraisal can:
- identify buildings and features that make a positive contribution to the conservation area
- inform decisions on planning applications within and around the conservation area
- amend the boundary of the conservation area
The council undertook a six week period of public consultation on the draft conservation area appraisal between 12 February and 29 March 2016. Consultees were notified of the consultation, and flyers were distributed to properties across the area. In addition a community drop-in event was held at Beesley Green community centre on 2 March 2016.
We are now considering all comments that were submitted during the consultation period, and will take these into account in informing the final version of the conservation area appraisal which the council intends to adopt.
The draft conservation area appraisal and all documents associated with the consultation can be downloaded below for reference.
- Roe Green Beesley Green draft conservation area appraisal (Adobe PDF format, 22mb)
- Map 1 - existing conservation area boundary (JPG format, 5.9mb)
- Map 2 - location plan (JPG format, 4.6mb)
- Map 3 - 1764 map of Duke of Bridgewater's estate (JPG format, 6.7mb)
- Map 4 - 1848 ordnance survey map (JPG format, 4mb)
- Map 5 - 1894 ordnance survey map (JPG format, 5.1mb)
- Map 6 - 1909 ordnance survey map (JPG format, 5mb)
- Map 7 - 1937 ordnance survey map (JPG format, 6.1mb)
- Map 8 - 1970 ordnance survey map (JPG format, 6.3mb)
- Map 9 - Historic development (JPG format, 5.9mb)
- Map 10 - Listed buildings, locally listed buildings and buildings that make a positive contribution (JPG format, 6mb)
- Key to map 10 (Adobe PDF format, 98kb)
- Map 11 - Character areas (JPG format, 5.5mb)
- Map 12 - Green spaces and key views (JPG format, 6mb)
- Map 13 - Negative and neutral factors (JPG format, 6.3mb)
- Map 14 - Proposed amendments to conservation area boundary (JPG format, 5.7mb)
- Consultation flyer (Adobe PDF format, 1.2mb)
- Letter to consultees (Adobe PDF format, 84kb)
If you are unable to view documents of these types, our downloads page provides links to viewing software.
This page was last updated on 7 April 2016