The quickest way to tell us when we get things wrong is to complete our online form.
Your complaint will be logged centrally and the information will then be sent to the right department. The appropriate complaints officers will then deal with your complaint in line with the appropriate procedure.
However, please ensure that you select the correct busiess area to notify, otherwise there will be a delay allocating your complaint to the correct complaints officer.
Details of which business areas provide the various council services is available on our who should I contact webpage.
Salford City Council has a Two Stage Corporate Complaint Procedure. We will always strive to deal with your complaint quickly at Stage One. However, if it is clear the matter will need a more detailed investigation, we will tell you and keep you updated on our progress.
Comments, compliments and complaints about adult and children's social care
We need to know what you think about our services so that we can improve them. You may have a concern or a complaint about a service or you may have a comment or compliment to make. We want to hear from you whatever you have to say.
Customers register complaint, comment or compliment, by:
- We will endeavour to acknowledge receipt of your complaint within three working days of receipt
- We aim to respond to your complaint within ten working days from receipt. If we are unable to do this we will advise you of the delays and keep you updated on progress
- If you are dissatisfied with our response at stage one, you can ask us to consider your complaint at stage two
- We will look at your complaint at stage two if you are dissatisfied with the response you have received at stage one
- We will endeavour to acknowledge receipt of your request to move to stage two within three working days of receipt
- We aim to respond to your complaint stage two within ten working days from receipt. If we are unable to do this we will advise you of the delays and keep you updated on progress
- If you are dissatisfied with our response at stage two, we will advise you of your right to contact the Local Government Ombudsman
Local Government Ombudsman
- For advice or help with making a complaint you may call the Local Government Ombudsman on 0300 061 0614. Telephone lines are open Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5pm.
- Alternatively, you can write to: The Local Government Ombudsman PO Box 4771, Coventry CV4 0EH, Fax: 024 7682 0001
If you have any comments or complaints about our website only, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page was last updated on 26 January 2018