Can you make a benefits claim?

Many working families are not claiming money they are entitled to. Make sure you're not missing out.

Housing benefit, Council Tax Reduction and second adult reduction

Use the benefits calculator to see if you might be eligible for housing benefit, Council Tax Reduction or second adult reduction. If you would like to speak to an advisor, call the team on 0161 793 2500. If eligible, you may be able to start your claim with an advisor over the phone.

If you cannot make your claim online or by phone, appointments can be made to see an advisor at a Gateway Centre or at Broughton Hub by either visiting your nearest centre or calling 0161 793 2500.

Tax credits

These are administered by central government. To request a form to claim call 0845 300 3900. You will need your national insurance number when you call.

Childcare element of tax credits

The Starting Life Well information service can help you answer many of the questions you might have around the childcare element of the Working Tax Credit.

The Welfare Rights and Debt Advice service can provide lots of help and support if you are experiencing difficulties.

Pension Credit

Pension Credit is an income-related benefit made up of two parts, Guarantee Credit and Savings Credit. You can find out more about Pension Credit on GOV.UK.

Rate this page