|Wednesday 4 October 2023 to Wednesday 15 November 2023 (no training 25 October due to half term)
||10am to 12.30pm
|Tuesday 6 February 2024 to Tuesday 19 March 2024 (no training 20 February due to half term)
||10am to 12.30pm
|Thursday 6 June 2024 to Thursday 11 July 2024
||6pm to 8.30pm
Modules covered in training
- Session one - Introduction and child protection overview
- Session two - Health
- Session three - Safety and suitability of premises, environment and equipment
- Session four - Learning and development – part one
- Session five - Learning and development – part two (business and finance)
- Session six - Partnerships and what to do next
Ready to apply to attend the childminder training? Then please read the following information carefully before completing the online application form below.
Things to consider before applying for a place on the childminder training course:
- you must be able to complete all modules of the training course (make sure you are not going to be on holiday or have other commitments)
- you must complete the local authority recognised paediatric first aid course, currently £60 for Salford residents and £100 if you live outside Salford Local Authority.
- you must register as a self employed business with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- you must register with Salford City Council environmental health team (or your Local Authority environmental health team)
- you must complete the required safeguarding training
- you must complete any other specified training courses
- you must agree to work collaboratively with the Starting Life Well Service (SLW)
- you must complete the food hygiene training via the Starting Life Well (SLW) e-learning module
- consider the childcare market in your area, what is your business strategy to compete and thrive in a competitive market sector
- you must complete the SLW information service childcare questionnaire and keep the service up to date with your vacancy and childcare service details
- you must be able to pay the course fee, which is currently £250 for Salford residents and £500 for anyone living outside Salford Local Authority. Please note fees may be subject to change. A deduction will be applied to the course fee, if you attended the Starting Life Well briefing session, which will reduce the cost of the course fee to £225 for Salford residents only.
Apply for the P4R Training Course
Please note: we email all course materials and correspondence, therefore you must have or be prepared to set up an email address. Gateway centres have facilities for you to access a computer and can offer support to help you set up an email account.
If your application is successful you will be emailed a confirmation letter inviting you to attend the training and giving full details.
There is limited availability for our training course places, please don't waste your time or ours, be sure you are 100% committed and ready to begin a childminding career.
If the childminder training dates do not meet your needs you may wish to consider undertaking a PACEY online training course. This training is acceptable to Salford, however your briefing session fee would not be refundable if you choose to take this route.
If you have any questions or queries please contact Starting Life Well on 0161 778 0384 (Option 2).
This page was last updated on 20 July 2023