Household Support Fund

Salford City Council are excited to announce the launch of the new Household Support Fund funded by the Department for Work and Pensions.

Vulnerable households in Salford will be able to access the new Household Support Fund to help them with essentials over the winter months as the country continues its recovery from the pandemic.

The household support fund is now available! Get the support you need with food, household bills and other essentials. Please note that various support documents are required to complete the application process.

The new Household Support Fund is intended to support households and families in Salford and will be distributed by Salford City Council's Salford Assist team.

The support will mostly be awarded by way of a grant payment to those eligible to assist with things like:

  • purchasing food
  • financial support for energy, water and utility bills
  • help to keep homes warm over the winter months
  • other essential items and support

Salford City Council are committed to ensuring vulnerable residents are supported in the best way possible and the new Household Support Fund will mirror the support Salford City Council offer via their Discretionary Support Scheme - Salford Assist, in the way that all reasonable requests for support will be considered. This could be for:

  • household items
  • white goods
  • carpets
  • thermal curtains to keep homes warm

Salford Assist will also help with referrals to other agencies to ensure you are getting the help you need.

Salford residents do not need to be in receipt of benefits to apply for the Household Support Fund, it is expected however that applicants are prepared to provide evidence that they do not have the funds themselves to purchase the items requested.

Apply for the Household Support Fund

We have received a large number of applications for the Household Support Fund and are working to process them. Those who have submitted an application will be contacted soon.

If you need assistance with completing the online application form, please go to your local Gateway Centre or Broughton Hub and staff will be able to help. Find your nearest centre and the opening hours.

Please note that various information is required to complete the application such as your current energy supplier, a recent bank statement and Universal Credit Journal (where applicable) and you will need to have this to hand when you come in.

The Household Support Fund does not impact on any other benefits you may receive. If you require further information please emailĀ

Rate this page