Cycle City Ambition Grant funding has been secured to deliver the first phase the Salford Cycleway along the A6/Bolton Road:
- Between Langworthy Road and Pendleton Roundabout
- Between Meyrick Road and The Crescent
The key elements of the proposed improvements are:
- Alterations to the slip road from A6 Broad Street and improved crossing points on Bolton Road north of the mini roundabout at the Langworthy Road/Bolton Road junction to connect to the existing shared cycleway and footway along the northern side of Bolton Road.
- Replacement of the subway at Eccles Old Road with a toucan crossing.
- A quiet streets treatment along Belvedere Road potentially including a 20mph limit and traffic calming features.
- Resurfacing works where necessary along the route.
The scheme plans can be downloaded at the bottom of the page.
Work will begin in February 2018 and take approximately five months.
If you are unable to view documents of these types, our downloads page provides links to viewing software.