Salford City Council, in conjunction with Urban Vision Partnership Limited, maintains public registers that provide information about highway status.
View the register
The registers can be viewed from 8.30am to 4.30pm, Monday to Friday, at Urban Vision, Salford Civic Centre, Chorley Road, Swinton, M27 5AS.
Information is available on:
- Adopted highways (highways maintained by Salford City Council as Highway Authority)
- Permanently closed highways (highways that have been legally closed with public rights of way extinguished)
- Definitive footpaths (public footpaths and bridleways)
- Highways subject to a Section 38 Agreement of the Highways Act 1980 (proposed adoption)
- The National Street Gazetteer (a complete listing of all streets, footways and passages in the city)
Records can be viewed free of charge at Salford Civic Centre. A fee is payable where information is required in writing and application for this service can be made by letter or email providing that a scaled plan, identifying the area to which the enquiry relates, is provided.
Who to contact
- Highway Information Service
Urban Vision Partnership Ltd
Salford Civic Centre
Map to this location
- 0161 779 6100