Skip services

Any skip placed on the highway requires a permit. This must be obtained by the supplying skip company prior to them supplying the skip.

The safety implications that may arise from the placing of the skip such as proximity to crossings or junctions, width of the road, etc need to be by a representative from Salford City Council prior to issue. We can refuse permission to deposit a skip if we feel that highway safety is compromised in any way.

The skip owner (supplier) has the responsibility to ensure that skips are positioned on the highway in such a way that they do not cause an obstruction to other road users. The supplier is responsible for ensuring that all appropriate regulations are adhered to.

Pleas note it is not the householder or the builder's (contractor) responsibility to obtain the skip permit.

Do you require contact details of registered companies?

We operate a skip register, which holds details of companies that operate within the Salford area. By registering with the city council, they undertake to abide by the specified conditions and the overall performance will be monitored to ensure compliance with all terms and conditions.

Please contact us if you would like information about the skip register.

Are you a skip operator, but not yet registered with us?

Please refer to licensing and permits on this website. You should be aware that certain skips may not be allowed on the highway (for example skips for the disposal of contaminated waste).

If you have a concern about the position, visibility, guarding or overfilling of a skip you can use our online reporting service.

This page was last updated on 15 June 2021

Rate this page