Our role is to deliver a cleaner, greener and sustainable environment.
Our service standards are the procedures to which our parks and green space team works to and the levels of service to which we aspire to.
They cover the maintenance and management of parks, green spaces and play facilities within Salford. Our service standards are in line with Customer Service Excellence and the Green Flag standards, which we have adopted and work towards.
- Play areas will be inspected at least once per week and dangerous equipment will be removed within 24 hours.
- Grass will be cut to agreed specification during the mowing season March to October.
- Paths and walkways will be cleared of all grass cuttings and debris following mowing.
- Hedges will be cut back at least once per year. Grassed areas inaccessible to mowing, shall be trimmed as required.
- Grassed areas will be chemically edged at least once per year.
- Reports of dangerous trees will be inspected and rectified within 24 hours.
- Weeds on beds, shrubberies and paths, will be sprayed and controlled as required.
- Grass will be litter picked prior to mowing.
- We aim to deal with 85% of requests for service within target.
Meeting our standards
Requests for service
- 2016/17 of 874 requests - 76% were completed on target
- 2017/18 of 527 requests - 79% were completed on target
- 2018/19 of 1,684 requests received 75% have been completed within target
- 2019/20 (April to November) 2,645 requests received (combined Street Cleansing, Grounds Maintenance and Arboriculture) 100% acknowledged within target, 96% completed within target
Results are taken from customer satisfaction surveys carried out throughout the year and formal compliments received online.
Customer charter – our promise to you
For the period 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019, results show that 87% of respondents find the quality of customer service is either excellent or good.
To help us monitor customer satisfaction please complete our online survey.
- 2016/17 number of compliments received - 7
- 2017/18 number of compliments received - 17
- 2018/19 number of compliments received – 74
To help us provide the best possible service, we work with partners who share an interest in grounds maintenance, these include:
- Friends of the parks
- Salford Allotments Federation
- Association of Greater Manchester Authorities (AGMA)
- Myerscough College
- Reed Employment Agency
- YMCA training
- Community payback
Our grounds maintenance staff also work with other groups, these include:
- youth offenders
- people with special needs
- people on incapacity benefit
- young people looking for work
- over 25s seeking employment
This page was last updated on 28 November 2019