Our role is to deliver a cleaner, greener and sustainable environment.
Our service standards are the procedures to which our parks and green space team works to and the levels of service to which we aspire to.
They cover the maintenance and management of parks, green spaces and play facilities within Salford. Our service standards are in line with the Green Flag standards, which we have adopted and work towards.
- Play areas will be inspected at least once per week and dangerous equipment will be removed within 24 hours.
- Grass will be cut to agreed specification during the mowing season March to October.
- Paths and walkways will be cleared of all grass cuttings and debris following mowing.
- Hedges will be cut back at least once per year. Grassed areas inaccessible to mowing, shall be trimmed as required.
- Grassed areas will be edged at least once per year.
- Reports of dangerous trees will be inspected and rectified within 24 hours.
- Weeds on rose beds, shrubberies, pavements and road, will be sprayed and controlled as required.
- Grass will be litter picked prior to mowing.
To help us provide the best possible service, we work with partners who share an interest in grounds maintenance, these include:
- Friends of the parks
- Salford Allotments Federation
- Association of Greater Manchester Authorities (AGMA)
- Myerscough College
- Meridian Business Support
- Salford Construction Partnership
- YMCA training
- Community payback
- Horticulture Academy partnership with economic development
Our grounds maintenance staff also work with other groups, these include:
- youth offenders
- people with special needs
- people on incapacity benefit
- young people looking for work
- over 25s seeking employment
This page was last updated on 7 April 2016