View archived meeting

Meetings for Swinton Community Committee

DateTuesday 11 October 2005
Time7.00pm
LocationSwinton High School , Sefton Road , Swinton

1. Please note that this meeting will be held at the Swinton High School rather than the Salford Civic Centre<br><br> 2. An electronic version of this agenda is available on the Salford City Council website : www.salford.gov.uk/council/councilpapers/accessall.htm <br><br>3. Large print copies of the papers contained in this agenda are available ; Members requiring such documents are asked to give notice in advance of the meeting .<br><br>4. Members attending this meeting with a personal interest in an item on the agenda must disclose the existence and nature of that interest and, if it is a prejudicial interest, withdraw from the meeting room during the discussion and voting on the item.

Item Subject
1This meeting will be held at the Swinton High School , a specialist College for the Performing Arts .

So as to give Members an idea of the activities at the school there will be a number of presentations by pupils :
Upon arrival the Music Group will provide background music for the entertainment of Members
The Headteacher , John Biddlestone will give a short presentation and the Chair of the Community Committee will outline any matters which Members would like to address during their visit .
There will be a Dance Display by pupils
The Committee will tour the facilities at the School in the company of the Senior Staff and pupils from the Student Forum . This will give the Committee the opportunity to chat with their hosts on matters of local concern .
At the conclusion of the tour the Committee will convene in The Swinton Globe to note matters of interest and agree any actions

The pupils and staff will leave and the committee will proceed with the agenda
Map to Swinton High
2Apologies for Absence
3Management of the Meeting

So as to make sure that sufficient time is allowed for all items to be discussed Members are asked to indicate , by show of hands , if they wish to raise any items of additional business towards the end of the meeting .
4Policing Issues
5Minutes of the Meeting held on 13th September , 2005
Minutes of 130905
6Matters Arising

(a) Minute 33 refers - Christine Sigurnjak may report back on her participation in the Newlands Stakeholder meeting on 30th September, 2005.

(b) Minute 36 (2) refers: The problems caused by off-road motorcyling are now being examined at national level . The Area Co-Ordinator will represent the Council at a Conference at the City of Manchester Stadium where MPs, the Police Service etc will examine options including the registration of vehicles.

( c ) Minute 36 refers : The Area Co-Ordinator has arranged for the Pendlebury Coyotes to be allowed to use the Council logo on their uniforms .
7The LIFT Project

The Committee will receive a 30 minute presentation from a representative of the PCT on proposals to develop a LIFT Project in Swinton
8The Swinton Community Action Plan

The Committee will discuss the content of the Swinton CAP for 2006/07.
The Neighbourhood Manager will report to the Committee on the items which were identified during the consultation process as priorities for inclusion in the CAP.
The Committee will be asked to approve the document . Members are asked , therefore, to raise any issues in relation to the priorities identified either at the meeting or by completing the attached proforma and bringing it to the Committee. The Community Action Plan , once approved , with be used to dictate how the devolved budget is spent.
CAP pro forma
CAP - draft 2005
9Budget Sub - Group

(a)To consider the recommendations made by the Budget Sub Group at their meeting on 27th September , 2005.

(b)To note the financial statement .
Budget Sub 270905+ Mon Statement
10Items for Information .

(a)Extract from the Summary of the Inspector's Report on the UDP

(b)Community Justice in Salford

(c)Flu Jabs
Community Justice in Salford
Extract from the Summary of the Inspector's Report on the UDP
Flu Jabs 2005
11Any Other Business

(a) Community Representatives may raise any issues of concern to their area or group

(b) Ward Councillors may raise any item not already covered .

So as to ensure that decisions can be taken at the meeting Members are asked to notify items - especially costs - in advance on telephone 793-3008
12Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting of the Community Committee will be held at 7pm on Tuesday , 13th December, 2005
Contact officer Dave Cunningham
Title Senior Committee Administrator
Telephone (0161) 793 3008
Fax (0161) 793 3160
Email dave.cunningham@salford.gov.uk
Rate this page