View archived meeting

Meetings for Ordsall and Langworthy Community Committee

DateTuesday 6 November 2007
Time7.00pm
LocationOrdsall Neighbourhood Office, 2 Robert Hall Street,Ordsall

1. Should you have any difficulty travelling to the venue, please order a taxi for your return journey and the fare will be refunded in full at the meeting<br>2. Tea and coffee will be available from 6.45 p.m.<br> 3.An electronic version of this agenda is available on the Salford City Council website www.salford.gov.uk/council/councilpapers/accessall.htm <br>4.Members attending this meeting with a personal interest in an item on the agenda must disclose the existence and nature of that interest and, if it is a prejudicial interest, withdraw from the meeting room during the discussion and voting on the item.

Item Subject
1Apologies for Absence
2Minutes of Proceedings

To approve, as a correct record, the minutes of the meeting held on 4th September, 2007 (Estimated time for this item 5 minutes).
the minutes of the meeting held on 4th September, 2007
3Matters Arising

4Central Salford/Chapel Street Update

Officers of the Central Salford Urban Regeneration Company will outline the background to the Central Salford/Chapel Street development and set-out the next steps and arrangements for the consultation. (Estimated time for this item is 20 minutes).
Central Salford/Chapel Street Update
5URC ' Spotlight' Local Area Agreement

Officers of the Central Salford Urban Regeneration Company and the Neighbourhood Manager will report (Estimated time for this item is 15 minutes).
6Seedley / Langworthy Community Forum : Prize Draw

The Chair will draw the winning entry from the recent competition hosted by the Seedley / Langworthy Community Forum (Estimated time for this item is 5 minutes).
7Salford Men's Action Group

Bill Smid will provide an update on the Group's activities and objectives. (Estimated time for this item 15 minutes)
8Ordsall Development Framework -Progress Review

Barry Whitmarsh , Major Projects Coordinator will report (Estimated time for this item is 15 minutes).
Ordsall Development Framework -Progress Review<
9SPARKY - Summer Programme

The Committee will be given details of the activities organised by SPARKY during summer. (Estimated time for this item is 5 minutes).
10Highways Capital Programme - Update

As it was not possible to establish a Task Group to consider schemes which might be funded under the Highways Capital Programme the work was undertaken by the Budget Sub Group . Ross Spanner will give an update .(Estimated time for this item is 10 minutes).
11Review of Polling Districts,Places and Stations

To consider the enclosed report (Estimated time for this item is 5 minutes).
Review of polling districts, polling places and polling stations stats
Review of polling districts, polling places and polling stations Rpt
12Ordsall/Langworthy Community Action Plan, 2008

Copies of the draft CAP for 2008 / 2009 will be available for distribution at the meeting
13Budget Sub-Group

To (a) Consider the recommendations of the Budget Sub-Group made at their meeting on 31st October, 2007, and (b) note the financial position statement (Estimated time for this item is 5 minutes).
recommendations of the Budget Sub-Group made at their meeting on 31st October, 2007,(2)
recommendations of the Budget Sub-Group made at their meeting on 31st October, 2007 (1)
financial position statement ( Nov)
14Items for Information

(a)Notes from the Ordsall / Langworthy Executive Group held on 2nd October, 2007.

( b ) The draft Supplementary Planning Document: Design (SPD) sets out key guidelines to enhance the quality and distinctiveness of places when building in Salford. The enclosed note sets out the arrangements for commenting upon the SPD . Some of the guidance in the document relates specifically to Ordsall/ Langworthy and the Principal Urban Designer is hoping to arrange a small Workshop, comprising any Ward Councillors and /or Community Representatives who may be interested in this subject, together with City Council planning officers who cover this area of the city to discuss the merits of the guidance and where it can be improved . It would be helpful if any Member could indicate if they would be interested in taking part in such a Workshop either by reporting at the meeting or contacting Simon Glynn on 0161 793 2290<

(c)Rail Station Proposals & Progress - the report of Sustainable Transport Working Group is enclosed for information . Any comments by Members will be referred back to the Group .

(d)Details of changes to the door-to-door collection service for recycled waste are enclosed.

Notes from the Ordsall and Seedley / Langworthy Community Fora held on , respectively, 4th and 26th September, 2007, along with the agenda for the open meeting of the latter on 22nd November , 2007.

(f)Community Justice : You Be The Judge Event - Enclosed are details of event to be held at 1pm on Thursday , 8th November, 2007 , which provides an opportunity for the Court and associated Criminal Justice partners to explain sentencing to the general public.
(g)Enclosed are details of the success of Ordsall Hall in the Northwest Tourism Awards.
(h) Helping Hands - Members are asked to consider the enclosed request from the Helping Hands Project for volunteers
Sustainable Transport Working Group
Notes from the Ordsall Community Forum held on 4th September
You Be The Judge Event poster
open meeting on 22nd November , 2007
Notes from the Ordsall / Langworthy Executive Group held on 2nd October, 2007
The draft Supplementary Planning Document: Design
changes to the door-to-door collection service for recycled waste in o/l
You Be The Judge Event invite
Notes from the Ordsall Community Forum held on 26th September, 2007
success of Ordsall Hall in the Northwest Tourism Awards.
Helping Hands
15Any Other Business/ Good News Items

16Date of Next Meeting.

7.00 p.m. on Tuesday,8th January , 2008.
Contact officer Dave Cunningham
Title Senior Committee Administrator
Telephone (0161) 793 3008
Fax (0161) 793 3160
Email dave.cunningham@salford.gov.uk
Rate this page