Investment fund continues to create a better, fairer city
A £1.27 million investment fund, which has been available for four years, has continued to create a better, fairer city.
The investments in 2019/20 include:
- £240,000 to support youth services with 21 sessional workers and two apprentices
- £300,000 to Salford Assist to provide financial short term support for people in a crisis situation and not able to afford basic needs
- £150,000 for five extra children’s social workers
- £300,000 for 13 extra new employees to help keep the streets clean
- £94,000 to for five independent welfare and debt advisors
- £38,000 to provide extra support to homeless armed forces veterans and those at risk of homelessness
Other investments from the fund include:
- £33,000 to fund a new post to keep homes warm for older people and the most vulnerable
- £33,000 to Salford Unemployed and Community Resource Centre to support the city’s most vulnerable residents
- £20,000 on vital works so the Salfordian Hotel can continue to provide short breaks for older Salford residents and those who are less mobile.
- £14,000 to the Salford Cultural Partnership to develop the strategy and arts commission
- £4,000 so Salford Credit Union can provide a text reminder service to promote affordable credit