Personal Independence Payments (PIP) replaces Disability Living Allowance. This is affecting people who already get DLA as well as those who are making a new claim.
Disability benefits are essential sources of extra income for disabled people both in and out of work. This workshop with bring you up to date with PIPs and what you can do to support disabled people through the changes.
- Who can claim and how to claim
- When will Disability Living Allowance claimants be affected?
- PIP components and rates
- The new medical assessment
- How PIP links to other benefits
- How to support disabled people through the process
- Online resources and access to specialist advice
What participants said last time
- "A very enjoyable course. Good discussions and a laugh(!) in these difficult times."
- "These course always have a variety of interesting and interactive learning methods with useful pointers to additional information."
- "Will be able to approach client queries with more conviction having undertaken this training."
We will be running our next programme of welfare reform workshops from January 2019. If you would like one of the workshops or a bespoke workshop for your team then please contact Debbie.firstname.lastname@example.org for details.