How quickly we will deal with your claim

We will deal with your claim or any changes you report to us as quickly as possible.

To avoid being overpaid, it is very important that you tell us about changes in your circumstances straight away. If you're overpaid, you will have to pay this back. Use our online form to report any changes.

Tell us about a change in your circumstances

To help us process your claim quicker, please provide the information requested on the claim form as soon as possible. This needs to be done within one month of making your claim.

If you don't provide the information on time, you may lose benefit. You can take your documents to a Gateway Centre or Broughton Hub. If you're a Salix Homes, Pendleton Together or ForHousing tenant, you can take your information to your local housing office and they will send copies to us.

We will deal with claims for housing benefit and Council Tax Reduction as soon as we can. Please don't contact us until at least one month after making your claim. 

This page was last updated on 15 June 2020

Rate this page