Starting Life Well
SENCOs and managers
This course will support practitioners in their role of the SENCO. You will explore what the statutory duties of a SENCO involve in relation to legislation and Salford processes.
- Practitioners will explore the role of the SENCO and understand their responsibilities.
- Practitioners will understand the importance of a graduated approach in line with the SEND Code of Practice.
- Practitioners will understand the importance of early identification of individual children’s barriers to learning and development.
- Practitioners will have knowledge of some of the commonly encountered special educational needs and explore practical strategies for support.
- Practitioners will know when, why and how to seek external specialist support.
- Practitioners will develop an understanding of the importance of working in partnership with parents and other professionals.
Two x three hour sessions
Book a place