I am moving

Complete the relevant form below if you're either:

  • Moving into, moving out of or moving within Salford or want to tell us about the sale of a property
  • Registering for council tax
  • A student reporting a move in Salford
  • A┬álandlord who wants to tell us about a change of tenancy

Please only use the form if your move is happening within the next 35 days or has already happened.

A form will take around ten minutes to complete

I am moving or registering for council tax

You can use this form to register for council tax at any address in Salford. You can also use the same form if you are already registered in Salford and you are moving to a new address in Salford of if you are moving out of Salford. To complete this form you will need your landlord's details if you were or are now renting a property, solicitors details if you have bought or sold a property and your bank details if you wish to pay by Direct Debit.

Tell us you are moving

Living alone?

The full council tax bill is based on two adults (over the age of 18) living together. The bill does not increase if more than two adults live at the same address.

You may be eligible for a discount if you live alone or other adults living in the property are not counted when calculating council tax. Take a look at the discounts section for more information.

Are you a student?

Student notification

Are you a landlord?

If you are an agent completing the form on behalf of the landlord or owner, you must enter the landlord or owners details in this form and not your own.

Landlord change of tenancy notification

What to do if a council tax payer dies

Tell us that a council tax payer has died

And finally

Don't forget to register to vote at your new address!

This page was last updated on 6 December 2022

Rate this page