Information and advice to stay independent

Whether you are eligible for social care services or not, Adult Social Care will always give you information and advice to help you choice the best option for you. 

Sometimes you may want to get independent advice, or you may need someone to advocate for you - to help you understand and communicate with Adult Social Care.

Age UK Salford

An independent local charity, established almost 40 years ago. We exist to improve later life for all older people in Salford, through the provision of support, advocacy and direct services.

Telephone: 0161 788 7300
108 Church Street, Eccles M30 0LH

Care on Call

A community alarm and mobile warden service run by Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust. Based in Swinton, we offer a unique service by sending our experienced wardens to respond to emergencies. 
Telephone: 0161 206 0546

Disabled Living

A charity which provides impartial information about equipment (assistive technology) and services for disabled adults, children, older people and the professionals who support them. Disabled Living offer a wide range of services to support independent living, make life easier and improve quality of life.
Telephone: 0161 607 8200
Burrows House, 10 Priestley Road, Wardley Industrial Estate, M28 2LY

Home Improvement Agency

A not-for-profit organisation run by Salford City Council in partnership with central government. We can help you if you need repairs, adaptations or improvements to your home, enabling you to stay put in your community in comfort and safety.

Independent financial advice

Care and support can be expensive. If you are a home owner, or you have other assets, we recommend that you get advice.

Penderels Trust

If you are looking for a PA (personal assistant) to help you with personal care and support, Penderels can help. They are mainly for people who have been assessed as being eligible for care and support.

Salford CAB

Independent from the council and from the NHS, we can give you information and advice about the full range of care and support questions you may have. Salford CAB is backed up by a national information service and has the advice quality standard.
Telephone: 0300 456 2554

Salford Credit Union

Credit unions are ethical and safe ways to save and lend money. They are owned and controlled by their members and offer a real alternative in the community for safe savings and affordable loans. Save, borrow and plan for tomorrow.
Telephone: 0161 686 5880

MIND in Salford

If you need someone to advocate for you (represent you), to make sure your voice is heard, MIND is the main provider in Salford. 
Telephone: 0161 710 1070

Salford Carers Centre

A carer is someone, of any age, who provides unpaid support to a loved one who wouldn't be able to manage without them. This could be due to disability, illness, mental ill health, drug or alcohol misuse, frailty or age. Support and advice is available.
Telephone: 0161 834 6069

Welfare Rights and Debt Advice Service

We can help you work out what benefits and tax credits you are entitled to, assist with claim forms, and argue your case at an appeal if you disagree with a decision. If you have debt problems we can help you draw up financial statements, negotiate with your creditors and represent you in court.
Welfare rights telephone: 0800 345 7375
Debt advice telephone: 0800 345 7323

Adult social care

Rate this page