Short breaks

Short breaks (sometimes called respite care) can give you and your carer a break.

Many care homes and homecare organisation can provide short breaks.

How to use a short break?

Most short break services are to support people who Adult Social Care has assessed as needing care and support. Short breaks can benefit both the person and the carer.

Do short breaks cost?

You will usually have to pay something towards the cost of any service that you use. If Adult Social Care have assessed that you need care and support, you can read paying for care and support in the community.


If Adult Social Care has assessed that you need support to give you a break from your caring role, one option may be financial support so that you can pay for a break.

Other options

The Fed (Federation of Jewish Services) offers a range support to people living in the Jewish community.

Telephone: 0161 772 4800
Fax: 0161 772 4934

Salfordian Hotel in Southport caters mainly for older Salford residents and less mobile visitors but also welcomes other guests.

Telephone: 0161 925 1233

Crossroads (Salford) can provide a number of short-break services where a trained care worker can sit with you and your carer can take a break.

Telephone: 0161 905 1986

Adult social care is now provided by Northern Care Alliance

Rate this page