Extra care housing

Extra care housing schemes are self-contained homes within a communal scheme, that enable people with extra care and support needs to continue to live independently with flexible support and the security of 24/7 emergency response from on-site staff.

The flexible on-site care and support enables most people to remain in their home, even if their needs change.

You can find out more about Salford's schemes on mycity Directory

How much does extra care housing cost?

Schemes have their own charges which include rent and service charges. You may be eligible for housing benefit to help with the costs.

If you need social care support, you will pay for this separately. You may be eligible for help with these costs too. We will carry out a financial assessment to work out how much the council may be able to help you with the costs.

How do I apply for extra care housing?

You must be a resident of Salford and have care and support needs.

If you would like to apply please contact The Adult Social Care Contact Team on 0161 631 4777.

This page was last updated on 10 December 2018

Rate this page