Make a complaint about a rented property

We aim to ensure that landlords who provide rented accommodation in the city supply a good quality service to their tenants.

What we can deal with:

  • Private rented properties in disrepair
  • Landlords not doing repairs
  • Fire safety in private rented properties
  • Standards in Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO), when a house is shared by two or more tenants, not members of the same family
  • Complaints regarding licensed properties
  • Complaints regarding licensed landlords

What legislation does the council use?

We investigate complaints under the Housing Act 2004.

What we can't deal with:

You can report anti-social behaviour here.

Standards in private rented accommodation

See our standards in Salford page where you can download documents which set out the standards that need to achieved in private rented accommodation.

Further advice

For further advice relating to housing issues see: 

Report it

If you wish to make a complaint to us regarding any of the issues above please use our form.

Make a complaint about a rented property

Or you can use the form below to report an empty property

Report an empty property

This page was last updated on 6 June 2022

Rate this page