Aims of the scheme
- To reduce the numbers of empty, unused properties in Salford
- To reduce crime, anti-social behaviour and harassment
- To improve the image of the city
- To provide good quality private rented housing for tenants
- To assist landlords by improving their access to information and resources
Benefits of the scheme
- Landlords can display the accredited landlord badge in their property, together with a certificate of membership, and on correspondence as a hallmark to indicate good practice
- Services and support provided by the council and the Landlord Accreditation team
- Incentives packages to improve standards across the private rented sector
- Energy savings packages are available to landlords
Services and support networks
- A Code of Standards to be followed by accredited landlords
- A copy of the Assured shorthold tenancy agreement
- Inventory documents
- Access by tenants to the Salford Rental Bond Scheme
- Advice and information on nuisance and other tenancy issues
- A Landlord Accreditation e-newsletter is produced
- Improvements in the housing benefit service
- Membership certificates indicate accredited status
- Contact details for Market Support Teams
Where does the scheme operate?
The scheme operates citywide and has attracted 750 landlords with over 3,000 properties.
Who is eligible for the scheme at this time?
To be eligible for the scheme landlords must meet a certain code of standards and own or manage properties in Salford. The applicant must fully complete the application form listing all of the properties in their portfolio.
Basic membership code of standards
- Appliances must be tested in accordance with gas and electrical safety regulations
- Furniture should comply with fire safety regulations
- All tenancies should have a written contract stating the rent level and provisions for review
- Landlords must agree to deal responsively with complaints about tenant behaviour. This will be supported by the Landlord Accreditation team
- The landlord must agree to carry out reference checks for all prospective tenants
If you are unable to view documents of these types, our downloads page provides links to viewing software.
Who to contact
Remember you can contact us quicker, easier, better online.
Contact us online