Passport Checking Service
Salford Register Office is now offering a passport application checking service, for those who are applying for, and using our Nationality Checking Service.
Anyone 15 and a half years and over who wish to use this service, must attend in person and all forms must be completed before attending the appointment. You can obtain a passport application form and guidance notes from your local Post Office.
The fee is £15 in addition to the nationality checking service fee above. This must be paid at the time of making an appointment and is non refundable. If you wish to change the appointment time, 48 hours notice will be required. You must read the guidance notes for the passport application before applying for this service.
In addition to the documents required for the nationality checking service, you need to supply the following documents:
- A completed application form
- three passport photographs which comply with the photograph standards (please ensure you read the Photo Standards documents) One of these photographs will be used for the Nationality Checking Service application.
- The passport photographs must be from the same sitting position and not more than a month old.
- The applicants full name in writing should be written on the back of two photographs which will be used for the passport application. These photographs do not need to be certified when applying for Citizenship and a passport at the same time.
Please be aware that the passport application will not be processed until the decision on the citizenship application has been made.
For further enquiries please contact Salford Register Office on 0161 603 6883.
Nationality Document Return Service
From 30 January 2018, you are able to apply for citizenship online at GOV.UK where you can submit your application online and send your original documents direct to UKVI.
If you do not wish to send your original documents to UKVI, within ten days of submitting your online application you can make an appointment at Salford Register Office, to have your original documents photocopied and we will send the photocopies direct to UKVI by secure post. This will allow you to keep your original documents rather than send them in the post.
The fees for the Nationality Document Return Service (NNDR) are:
- £50 per adult application
- £25 per child application (under the age of 18)
Please telephone 0161 603 6883 to make an appointment after you have submitted your online application to the Home Office.
You are still able to use the passport checking service, if you apply online for citizenship – please see above for details on the passport checking service.