A renewal of vows ceremony is for married couples who wish to celebrate their original vows to one another by making new vows and promises in front of family and friends to demonstrate their continued dedication and commitment to one another.
The ceremony can be chosen to celebrate a special anniversary, or if couples have gone through a stressful time in their lives, or felt that the relationship has gone through a period of strain, and now wish to celebrate their renewed love and commitment.
Many couples nowadays choose to have their marriage abroad with only a few family members and friends with them. A renewal of vows ceremony is the perfect answer to share their special day with friends who were unable to travel to witness the marriage.
What you need to know
- Any married couple may arrange a ceremony with Salford regardless of whether you live in the Salford area
- Once you have booked your ceremony, you will be given an information pack detailing the options for your ceremony
- You must then complete the ceremony checklist and confirmation and hand this into the register office no later than four weeks prior to the ceremony
- You must arrive at your chosen venue at least 15 minutes before the ceremony is due to start
- The ceremony may last between 15 and 45 minutes depending on the number of poems, readings and music you may choose
- Renewal of vows ceremonies held at the register office will take place in the ceremony room held on the ground floor, where there is disabled access
- You may choose an outside venue from one of our approved venues
- You may take video recordings and photographs during the ceremony
- At the end of the ceremony a certificate will be issued, signed by the celebrant, husband and wife, and chosen witnesses. A further copy of the certificate will be retained by the celebrant to form part of the renewal of vows register
Please contact us using our online form to arrange an appointment to book the renewal of vows ceremony.
Renewal of vows ceremonies may take place at Salford register office and will be held in the ceremony room on the ground floor. This room holds approximately 60 guests, and is refurbished to a high standard in a contemporary design.
Alternatively, you may choose from one of our approved venues to hold your ceremony. You must check with the venue of your choice to ensure it is available for your chosen date before booking the ceremony with the celebrant at the register office.
- Monday to Friday: 10.00am, 10.40am, 11.20am, 2.00pm, 2.40pm, 3.20pm
- Saturday: 10.00am to 3.00pm
- Monday to Friday: 11.00am, 2.00pm, 3.30pm
- Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays: 11.00am to 4.00pm
The current fees for renewal of vows ceremonies are:
Monday to Thursday: £120.00, Friday: £130.00, Saturday: £170.00
Monday to Thursday: £280.00, Friday: £300.00, Saturday: £330.00, Sundays and bank holidays: £300.00
- You must provide your marriage certificate when booking the ceremony
- A non-refundable deposit is to be paid at the time of booking. This is 50% of the total payment due
- The balance of payment is due three months before the ceremony
- Should you cancel after full payment, a refund will be given after deducting the deposit fee
- These ceremonies have no legal effect and are not legally binding on those who participate
- These ceremonies are for couples who wish to celebrate renewing their marriage vows in a unique and personal way
- The ceremonies have no religious content
- The celebrant who conducts your ceremony will not be acting in an official capacity, even if they also work as a registrar
- A celebrant is a trained person who will lead the ceremony