Work place accident reporting (RIDDOR)

Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013 (RIDDOR)

The law requires certain work-related injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences to be reported to the enforcing authority for health and safety (this may be the local council or the Health and Safety Executive).

What needs to be reported?

  • Death or specified injuries to an employee or a self-employed person working on your premises
  • Death or hospitalisation of a member of the public

Must be reported without delay (usually by telephone) and followed up with a completed F2508 form within ten days.

  • Over seven day injury to an employee or a self-employed person working on your premises
  • Disease suffered by an employee that is related to work activities
  • Dangerous occurrence that does not result in a reportable injury but which clearly could have done

Must be reported with a completed F2508/F2508A form within ten days.

This can be done by contacting the incident contact centre (ICC). When completed, the ICC will inform the enforcing authority for your business.

You can report to the incident contact centre via:

  • By telephone (for deaths or major accidents only): 0845 300 9923, between 8.30am and 5.00pm
  • By fax: 0845 300 9924
  • Online: Health and Safety Executive RIDDOR
  • By email:
  • By post: Incident Contact Centre, Caerphilly Business Park, Caerphilly, F83 3GG
Rate this page